THE PRODIGAL BRIDE 2


 THE PRODIGAL BRIDE – Part 2


I am Your prodigal bride, Lord

longing for the true home I never had

I roam, I journey, like a little lost lamb

over the mountains and the hills until I

find a nest- a place to rest in You alone

For still I have no home

still trying to fill my broken cistern

with the waters of Your holiness

so I can pour out an offering in righteousness

for You- but I am not yet holy- nor whole- and

the waters pour out- run through- and overflow

And all that's left is this bucket of tears I cried-

for the many times I tried and got left behind

with nothing but another broken well- broken

heart- broken dreams- and broken mind

This is the true story of my broken life-

I am that prodigal bride

Yet we are many- not just one- for I hear

the many voices crying out from the bottom

of their broken well- the waters have run out-

We feel the flames of hell- but a voice far

stronger cries out from far above:

Return to your First Love!

Jesus will save us in the day of our test

And many will ask in amazement: “Who is this

that comes up from the wilderness

leaning upon her Beloved?”


@Rena Goichberg

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Close Menu